A celebration is in order!
Actually, lots of celebrations are in order. Let's take a look at what there is to rejoice in:
- Celebration 1: Life
- You thought I was dead, didn't you? I mean, why else wouldn't I update my blog in over 8 months? What kind of blogger is that lame? Well, me. But never fear...I am living.
- Celebration 2: Location
- We have been living in Santa Monica since September 2011 and I did NOT like it at first. I understand that everyone thinks sun all the time is awesome, but it was a difficult transition for me (80 degrees at Christmas...no thank you). But, now I actually don't mind it...might even LIKE it! It also helps that I have made some pretty awesome friends in our short time here.
- Celebration 3: Adelaide Carolyn Dirksen
- I had a baby on January 12, 2012. People should probably be upset at my husband and I for not reproducing earlier...because we rock at it.
- Celebration 4: Employment
- Well, not for me...I am officially a full time stay-at-home mom. But my husband's one year fellowship at UCLA was extended to two. Yay for health insurance and a steady paycheck!
- Celebration 5: Mojo
- I have had exactly 0% motivation, inspiration, or desire to blog, paint, or sell artwork for a VERY long time. Those feelings have started to well up in me again recently though...so let's get it on!
|More to come on Adelaide's birth and life...stay tuned!|
Related ArticlesI Don't Feel Bad - I thought I had motivation and desire to blog and do art in September after a short break...these were my reasons for the previous absence.
Dirksen Dabbles Shop - Hopefully my motivation will lead to many new items here
Where I Live - Before Santa Monica, I lived in lots of other places. Learn more about that in these posts.